Recognized by the U.S. Coast Guard, approved by NASBLA and your state boating license agency.
Here's how to get started or return to your course:
We launched a completely new platform for our free online course on 11/18/2020!
Our old course system is officially retired but if you need to access your certificate of completion, you can request a copy through this form
For a brief tutorial on getting started in the new system or to contact us, click here.
Returning User? (new system)
Please log in above.
Complete the Course in Three Easy Steps:
Enroll yourself in a Boating Safety Course from the Course Catalog
Study and pass the FREE Boating Safety Course.
Print out your certificate of completion yourself for free
Get Started Today! Start Now →
In Oklahoma, all motorboat operators aged 12- 16 must successfully pass a state approved boating course or equivalency exam and must be supervised by a competent adult who is at least 18 years of age in order to operate on Oklahoma waters.
No person under the age of 12 may operate a vessel powered by a motor or combination of motors in excess of 10 hp, a personal watercraft (PWC) or any sail-powered vessel 16 feet or greater in length.
Persons under 12 years of age:
- Must possess during operation, a boating safety education certificate indicating they have successfully passed a state approved boating course or equivalency exam
- Must be supervised by a competent adult who is at least 18 years of age
- Shall not operate any other powercraft greater than 10 hp unless under the direct visual and audible supervision of a person who is 18 years of age or older who is aboard the powercraft
- If the vessel is a PWC, the adult must be visually supervising within 500 yards of the PWC
- If the vessel is other than a PWC, the supervising adult must be on board and in position to take immediate control
All vessel operators must carry with them during operation either their boating safety education certificate/card as approved by the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety or photo identification proving the operator is at least 16 years of age.
Visiting boaters who have completed another state’s boating safety course as recognized by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) and approved by the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety are exempt from Oklahoma’s boater education requirement.
How Do I Get My Oklahoma Card/Certificate?
1. After you complete the course you will be issued a printable copy of your certificate that you can print yourself and use immediately.
2. You will also have the option of ordering a Oklahoma Marine Enforcement approved, waterproof plastic card for $13. Please allow 2-3 weeks for your card to arrive.
Complete the Course at Your Own Pace
Choose when and where to take your course.
In our new online learning system, take it on any device with an internet connection and automatically have your progress saved when the window is closed.*
Get Started Now →
Online Course Video:
Great course, and so much more convenient than going at night for several nights... Keep up the great work, and see you on the water.Gene
Thank you so much! This was a great course and I learned so much. Hope you have a great weekend!Lindsay
Thank you. The information that you gave me allowed me to complete the course. Your assistance was very much appreciated.D. White
Thank you so much! You folks are so kind. Good luck with the updates and have safe boating fun this summer!Brennan
How to Use GPS
Are you new to electronics on your boat or uncomfortable with the operation of the electronics that you have? We can help!
Get Started Now!
Modern Marine Navigation
Learn the basics of plotting, reading charts, identifying ATONs and using them to find your way on the water.
Get Started Now!