Recognized by the U.S. Coast Guard, approved by NASBLA and your state boating license agency.
How To Get Started:
First, Click Education Requirements above to verify state requirements and then click Certificate/Card Info to learn what options are available for your state.
For a brief tutorial and getting familiar with our new system click here.
When operating a motorboat with more than 10 hp, a person under age 12 must be under immediate supervision of person in boat who is at least 16.
To operate a personal watercraft, the following restrictions apply:
- No one under 16 years of age may operate a personal watercraft
- Persons 16 and 17 years of age may operate a personal watercraft only if they:
- Have successfully completed an approved safety education course and carry on board proof of age and course completion or...
- Are accompanied on board by a person 18 years of age or older
How Do I Get My Maine Card?
1. After you complete the course you will be issued a printable copy of your certificate that you can print yourself and use immediately.
2. You will also have the option of ordering a Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife approved, waterproof plastic card for $13. Please allow 2-3 weeks for your card to arrive.
Complete the Course at Your Own Pace
Choose when and where to take your course.
In our new online learning system, take it on any device with an internet connection and automatically have your progress saved when the window is closed.*
Get Started Now →
Online Course Video:
Great course, and so much more convenient than going at night for several nights... Keep up the great work, and see you on the water.Gene
Thank you so much! This was a great course and I learned so much. Hope you have a great weekend!Lindsay
Thank you. The information that you gave me allowed me to complete the course. Your assistance was very much appreciated.D. White
Thank you so much! You folks are so kind. Good luck with the updates and have safe boating fun this summer!Brennan
How to Use GPS
Are you new to electronics on your boat or uncomfortable with the operation of the electronics that you have? We can help!
Get Started Now!
Modern Marine Navigation
Learn the basics of plotting, reading charts, identifying ATONs and using them to find your way on the water.
Get Started Now!